Friday, October 15, 2010

Brian Wilson: The Will Ferrell of Baseball Interviews

Today is October 15th. This is an interview from September 3rd, and how it has escaped my viewing until this week is beyond me.  Maybe it was on SportsNation when I wasn't watching, or maybe it was just too preposterous to be taken seriously.  Whatever the case, in this clip from Rome is Burning, Giants closer Brian Wilson presents himself as the Will Ferrell of baseball interviews.  His style is more eclectic, and his tone has more edge and less play, but I'll be damned if he's not equally absurd. The phrases spilling out of his mouth are unbelievable, and Jim Rome eats it all up.  Whether or not Wilson is actually the resident I-dare-you man in the San Francisco clubhouse is irrelevant; he plays the part like a champ.  It's really a shame that he had to tone down his Twitter account - I can only imagine the things he might have to say if the world were not so politically correct.  In any case, I think I know who I'm rooting for in the NLCS. Enjoy the yucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful.